Tuesday, June 23, 2009

No "L" yet


I am stumped on the "L". Not theologically, just lyrically.

Also, how can I write a song about Limited Atonement when Shai Linne has already written such a great one?

So, maybe I should write an "L" song coming from the opposite viewpoint of limited atonement.

I was toying with the idea of using Carly Simon's "You're So Vain" and changing it to "It's not fair", but then I realized how much I abhor the original lyics. However, I would be changing them.

Then there's Arethra Franklin's R-E-S-P-E-C-T changed to L-I-M-I-T-E-D. I think that would really stretch my lyric writing ability.

Stay tuned but don't hold your breath.

4 comments:

Eddie Eddings said...

There is an old song entitled, "Ka Ka Ka Katy" that could be changed to Limited Atonement. (I think) But, probably no one remembers that song!

K-K-K-Katy,
beautiful Katy,
You're the only g-g-g-girl that I adore
When the m-m-m-moon shines,
Over the cow shed,
I'll be waiting at the k-k-k-kitchen door.

Jimmy was a soldier brave and bold,
Katy was a maid with hair of gold
Like an act of fate, Kate was standing at the gate
Watching all the boys on dress parade

Jimmy with the girls was just a gawk
Stuttered ev'ry time he tried to talk
Still that night at eight
He was there at Katy's gate
Stuttering to her this love sick cry

K-K-K-Katy,
beautiful Katy,
You're the only g-g-g-girl that I adore
When the m-m-m-moon shines,
Over the cow shed,
I'll be waiting at the k-k-k-kitchen door.

K-K-K-Katy,
beautiful Katy,
You're the only g-g-g-girl that I adore
When the m-m-m-moon shines,
Over the cow shed,
I'll be waiting at the k-k-k-kitchen door.

Eddie Eddings said...

How about "Knowing Me Knowing You" by ABBA? "Limited Atone-ment ah haa"

Eddie Eddings said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Persis said...

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm waiting for inspiration to strike.