
My latest tune snatch is "On Broadway" by Barry Mann and Cynthia Wells in collaboration with Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller. This was recorded by the Drifters and George Benson.
This was inspired by the posts on "Treasuring Christ in Catastrophic Situations" at Gospel Driven Disciples.
Your teeth are looking bright tonight, Joel Osteen
You're style and manner's sure to not offend
Your happy pep talks fill the seats
How God exists to meet my needs
But what will happen when life's at the end?
You say I should be treated fine, Joel Osteen
Because I now have God's own DNA
But what do you and I deserve?
God's righteous wrath we have incurred
What is your answer for that judgement day?
You've written two best selling books, Joel Osteen
They hold the secret to fulfill my dreams
But I'm not buying what you sell
Because the gospel you don't tell
No thanks, I'll read the Word instead, Joel Osteen
3 comments:
Posteen the song about Osteen
(and I ain't boasteen)
was a good ol' fashioned roasteen.
While I'm having a hard time getting that man's name to actually come out of my mouth without the word "heretic" immediatlely proceeding or following it, I am enjoying the song!!
This is about the only way I can think of J.O. without getting upset about his "teachings". Glad you liked the song.
Post a Comment